Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Head Cold--Blah!


Current mood: groggy

It figures... I get a sore throat and runny nose when I finally managed to schedule a visit to UK's anthropology program after years of procrastination.  My sole comfort at the moment is a bowl of Wanpen's excellent tom yum tofu (Thai hot&sour soup) and inspirational diva India.Arie.  I'm also looking forward to spending the night with ma cousine in Lex and having lunch with her between my busy day of meetings with profs and students tomorrow.  I'm also excited about visiting a class on gender and anthropology tomorrow evening. 

It's actually a challenging time for me to get away from work, in the midst of planning for 2 back-to-back conferences at the end of Sept. and beginning of Oct., but I figured it would be easier to connect with folks in the program earlier in the semester rather than later.  In general, my days have been a whirlwind of meetings and getting my new students acclimated since school started a couple of weeks ago.  I keep reminding myself that everything will get done, no matter how much (or how little--ha!) I worry.  And all this isn't counting general personal turmoil, which I don't even want to go into...

Well, it's time to grab a refill of tom yum.  It's already making my ears pop and soothing my throat.  Tom yummmmm...

[Backposted from MySpace 9/13/06]

No comments: