Thursday, September 28, 2006

In Illinois I Am



Current mood: relaxed

I'm officially on the first leg of my first conference marathon (or I guess more appropriately biathlon). This is actually my first time in the state of Illinois. I'm not overly excited about the plains (very plain), but I am looking forward to our conference activities. I have about a half hour before we convene for our first formal gathering, which will include a "fiesta"-themed meal, ice-breakers, and what I'm frankly most looking forward to... the karaoke! I'm actually hoping for the opportunity to belt Gnarls Barkley's "Crazy" cuz... well, I am and I wanna...

I'm also looking forward to another conference at the end of November that my friend Heather-ha talked me into coming to: " The Feminine Divine in Cross-Cultural Perspective" conference at Northwestern University (http://www.religion.northwestern.edu/news/conference.html). This will be my second trip to Illinois, but my first visit to Chicago. I'm super psyched because (1) I get to see Heather-ha, (2) free accomodations in her new abode, (3) the conference includes such feminist/ecofeminist divas as Starhawk(!), Carol Christ, and Charlene Spretnek, and (4) only costs $25! [As an aside... I wanted to write "twenty-five 'GD' dollars" because of my enthusiasm and my characteristic propensity to cuss like a sailor when I can, but the GD wireless provider where I'm staying is actually blocking such uncouth activities...] At any rate, this is an incredible opportunity to get out of town and do something just 'cause. Timi's also excited because this will be her birthday present this year.

Well, I must away for my first set of community-building activities. And I'm hungry anywho. Stay tuned for further bloggity blahgs from Tambone's travels...

[Backposted from MySpace 9/28/06]
 
 

No comments: